Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Dream Job


I was in KLIA last night to celebrate and welcome my-home-coming-sister-in-law-to-be back from NZ. She studied abroad, in NZ for I-don't-know-how-many-years and she had landed safely last night at 9p.m.

While we were waiting for Sara last night, I caught my bf staring at those hot bods and beautiful girls who passed-by. They are MAS stewardesses and they are drop dead gorgeous. It brought me to think of my ambition - like few years back - when I was still in my primary years. I learned to speak English when I was still a kid I-couldn't-even-remember-the-exact-moment but honestly, I really hated it when my dad started to converse in English. He used to say this "Macam mana nak jadi stewardess kalo xreti cakap English," but I didn't even bother to decipher whatever he was talking about. For me, English was not that important until I did TESL when I was studying in my tertiary level.

When I grew older, I learned that being a stewardess has been like every girl's dream. I remember reading about Fauoziah Gauos (pretty unsure on the spelling) when she told 'Remaja' about her job. She was telling about the living-in-the-limelight job and I found it so fascinating.

Since then, I had set my foot and sworn to myself that one day, ya ONE day, I'll be the one flying in the air. I'll be the one who might be to so many places in the world and I am the one who will be bringing back a lot of money. During my years back in school, I learned that taking a good care of myself (in terms of body weight and clean and clear skin), will somehow fulfill my dream.

Yet, I wasn't born to be a stewardess....I wasn't born to be a pretty girl. I am just an ordinary girl, with no looks and I don't even meet the criteria to be a cabin crew. Sigh!


I met with one of my students who was dying to be a stewardess. She isn't that pretty but she has the looks. Her English is terrible I once said to her, "How are you gonna be a stewardess if you're not that fluent in English?" I know that English isn't that important but I once read that it is yet a requirement. I did't want to scare her off from trying but personally, I have such a strong opinion that English is important in your every day use.

I once attended an open-interview and I didn't even qualify for the second round. I finally realized that I didn't have what it takes. I stand at 159cm (not that tall) and I have a lot of black spots and scars on my hands and legs. I don't know how to walk properly nor to do some catwalk and I don't own a great smile. Ha-ha. At the end of the day, I have to accept the fact that I don't have the figura of an air-hostess. *COL*

No comments:

Post a Comment